This is the perfect summer blend for your food plot needs. This blends has all of the most popular summer food plot seeds for deer. The blend is soybeans, sunflowers, cow peas and buckwheat. The combination of these seeds produces maximum tonnage during the critical summer months when bucks are growing antlers and does are lactating. It is critical that this mix is planted when your soil temperatures are over 65 degrees.
- High Protein Forage
- Heavy Grazing Tolerant
- Excellent Bedding
- Must be Planted when Soil Temp is over 65 Degrees
Seeding Rate: 20 pounds per acre
Planting Depth: 1/2"
North: May 15 - June 30
Central: May 1 - June 30
South: April 1 - May 31
- Conduct a soil test prior to planting. Ideal pH is over 6.0. Adjust soil by adding recommended lime.
- If weeds/grass competition is heavy, consider eliminating vegetation prior to planting.
- Disk or till seedbed to loosen soil.
- Smooth seedbed with a drag or cultipacker.
- Spread seed at rate recommended on front of bag.
- Cultipack or drag seed after planting to cover seed.