Annual food plot blend that can be planted in Spring or Fall. This is a blend of three annual clovers and forage rape that will establish quickly and provide high protein forage for deer and turkey.
Blend Includes: Crimson Clover, Balansa Clover, Frosty Berseem Clover, Forage Rape
- High Tonnage
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Wetter Soils
- High Protein
Seeding Rate: 8 pounds per acre
Planting Depth: 1/4"
North: April 1 - June 1, August 1 - September 15
Central: March 15 - June 1, August 1 - October 1
South: March 1 - May 15, September 1 - October 31
- Conduct a soil test prior to planting. Ideal pH is over 6.0. Adjust soil by adding recommended lime.
- If weeds/grass competition is heavy, consider using glyphosate herbicide prior to planting.
- Disk or till seedbed to loosen soil.
- Smooth seedbed with a drag or cultipacker.
- Spread seed at rate recommended on front of bag.
- Drag or lightly disk after broadcasting. Seed should not be more than 1/4" deep.