This is a carefully selected brassica blend that was developed to produce a maximum amount of forage. This mix establishes quickly and produces high protein forage. Deer will begin browsing this mix quickly and it will become extremely favorable after the first frost when the forage becomes sweet. This mix can be grown with minimal seedbed preparation.
Ingredients: Daikon Radish, Purple Top Turnips, Forage Rape
- High Protein
- High Energy
- Provides critical late season nutrition
Seeding Rate: 6 pounds per acre
Planting Depth: 1/4"
North: August 1 - September 15
Central: August 1 - October 1
South: September 1 - October 31
- Conduct a soil test prior to planting. Ideal pH is over 6.0. Adjust soil by adding recommended lime.
- If weeds/grass competition is heavy, consider using glyphosate herbicide prior to planting.
- Disk or till seedbed to loosen soil.
- Smooth seedbed with a drag or cultipacker.
- Spread seed at rate recommended on front of bag.
- Do not cover seed after broadcasting. Seed should not be more than 1/4" deep.